Friday, April 23, 2010

i don't take losing lightly.



Blame it on my stubbornness, if you will, but I am always up and ready to involve myself in a nice bet. I was presented with one in the afternoon of yesterday over the headline-hungry, jesus freak Tim Tebow. Now, I really don't care what you say to me when it comes to his athleticism and talent as a QB, there's something that seriously irks me about the guy. And I'm an avid Buffalo Bills fan (yeah, Spiller!), so it has nothing to do with state/school rivalries. Maybe it's his obsession with religion and my opposing views in that regard, or maybe it's because he acts so prim and proper and perfect ALL the damn time. It probably also has to do with the fact that he's "such a nice guy." I say screw that. He sucks.

Therefore, when it came down to some bickering and disagreement between my dear friend and coworker Elliott, who has some sort of hard-on for the Floridian football player, I had to be as spiteful and argumentative as possible. To me, when you put all of the QB's in this year's NFL Draft side-by-side, Tebow simply does NOT measure up to Bradford, Clausen, or even McCoy (who I can't stand either - he's a crying sissy with a loser name).  His passing technique and fundamentals are built for the college game, and I wholeheartedly feel they won't transpose to the NFL. I'm not taking away that he was an amazing college QB, but Denver - you just f*!&ed up.

With that said, I was certain that mister T-Blow would be picked up later than round 1. I didn't care what round he went, as long as it was post-first round picks. All because Josh McDaniels has a bigger hard-on for the QB than my coworker Elliott does, he went as the 25th pick in the 1st round to the Denver Broncos who released their 2nd, 3rd AND 4th round picks JUST to get him! I'm know this isn't Twitter and it's my blog, but #thatsbeyondstupid. So, as the loser, I reluctantly agreed to sport good ol' Timmy's Florida jersey that I should have known Elliott would have lying around (see picture above). I wasn't pleased. My pride might be hurt and my ego a bit furrowed, but I must keep in mind one thing... At least he's not on the Bills (yeah, Spiller!).

No comments:

Post a Comment