Monday, April 26, 2010

the twitwee cuckoo clock.



Social networking may have just jumped to an all-new level. I don't know about any of you, but personally I'm rather obsessed with this aesthetically old-fashioned, yet functionally modern timepiece called the Twitwee Cuckoo Clock. Interface and interaction designer Haroon Baig created this intriguing device that can search Twitter's API for specific updates, mentions, streams and/or search results by connecting wirelessly to the Internet. There is a built-in, near real-time monitor that displays the matching tweet found while coincided with the alert call of a conventional cuckoo clock.

The only factor that I could find a bit obtrusive would be the frequency at which this cuckoo would sound off. I suppose that would ultimately depend on what search you've linked up between your Twitwee Clock and Twitter API, but I doubt anyone could handle listening to the sound of a cuckoo clock every time someone that they're following has tweeted. Regardless, I think this invention is brilliant and I'd love to have one. See more pictures and the video below and you can also follow: @TwitweeClock.



Photos: Haroon Baig

2 comments: